SCHUMACHER

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I thought there were reports last year that this would finally show MS and his current condition?
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

It seems from what I read that Mrs Schu has mellowed a bit, and finally accepted that people are interested rather than being nosey. His condition was always "the family / inner circle secret" and as she is the family Matriarch she made the family rules.
A lot of her past behaviour I respect and put her reaction down to the behaviour of the press keen for making something sensational out of news rather than respectful.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Subaru Forester

Post by Kai-Star »

As sad as it would be to see him, surely it would be nice at least to take him to some of the races. At least put him into the atmosphere of the F1 grid again. From all reports he's not 100% unresponsive and those memories might be sparked within.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

everytime I see this thread with a new post, I'm somewhat... 'fearful' of what it may contain.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Im not sure if this is the alleged movie of Schumacher that has been mentioned but Netflix have released a trailer to a Schumacher documentary showing next month..... certainly nothing of him post F1 in the trailer

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago Im not sure if this is the alleged movie of Schumacher that has been mentioned but Netflix have released a trailer to a Schumacher documentary showing next month..... certainly nothing of him post F1 in the trailer
Yeah that is the one. Will watch with interest, for sure.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

If the rumours about this documentary finally revealing some info on MS' condition post his accident are true, have to say it's surprising that Netflix are getting said access when no one else did all these years. Personally, I don't buy the logic that his wife Corinna 'trusted' Netflix more than other media outlets.

I understand the cost of keep MS alive (in whatever state God only knows) has been very high since his accident. That, coupled with funding Mick's racing career has had to have been financially taxing despite MS' monumental earnings throughout his career. Netflix are known to shell out fantastic amounts of money for projects, so that's probably why this deal came through more than anything.
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

I have significant doubts about them providing any specific detail of his health. I doubt we'll hear anything more than we already do. Perhaps they will get some neurosurgeon talking about how much progress he's made and that'll be it. If they're wise they'll keep it positive so as to keep fans hoping he'll come round.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

Picci wrote: 2 years ago I have significant doubts about them providing any specific detail of his health. I doubt we'll hear anything more than we already do. Perhaps they will get some neurosurgeon talking about how much progress he's made and that'll be it. If they're wise they'll keep it positive so as to keep fans hoping he'll come round.
Who knows, the opening scene of the programme might be him in a wheelchair making noises.

I don't really wanna see it, to be honest. I think I know enough about his health condition.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
Picci wrote: 2 years ago I have significant doubts about them providing any specific detail of his health. I doubt we'll hear anything more than we already do. Perhaps they will get some neurosurgeon talking about how much progress he's made and that'll be it. If they're wise they'll keep it positive so as to keep fans hoping he'll come round.
Who knows, the opening scene of the programme might be him in a wheelchair making noises.

I don't really wanna see it, to be honest. I think I know enough about his health condition.
This for me too. We know he isnt running around able to look after himself and there has been no quantum leap in his condition. He still cant do things for himself, and to all intents and purposes cant leave the house... if he was able to in any form someone would have seen him and it would be all over social media.

Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Schumacher’s current condition is addressed: in an emotional interview, his wife Corinna, explains how he is being kept happy and comfortable after the ski accident that left him with serious head injuries, but there is no recent footage of him.
https://www.motorsportmagazine.com/arti ... EbKAxLAh8U
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

The documentary has been released. Some spoilers about Michael's current condition:

He is alive but completely unable to communicate.

His son cannot tell him about his racing career. His family can only work on making him as comfortable as possible and protect his privacy in the way that he would have wanted.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago The documentary has been released. Some spoilers about Michael's current condition:

His son cannot tell him about his racing career. His family can only work on making him as comfortable as possible and protect his privacy in the way that he would have wanted.
It is sad, particularly for Mick....
who it seems is not able to share his progress and racing activity in general with his Father.

White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago The documentary has been released. Some spoilers about Michael's current condition:

So basically worse than I guess most had thought. I'd imagined he'd be able to communicate in some limited form
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

So basically the doctor leaks were true; and what the family said about him 'being there' was phony.

Awful for all involved.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

White six wrote: 2 years ago

So basically worse than I guess most had thought. I'd imagined he'd be able to communicate in some limited form
Me too. Obviously they don't say exactly what his medical condition is, but it seems like he is physically there and little more than that. So much about him seems to be in the past tense. "He was", "he liked". Not the sort of thing you say about a living person.
"Of course I miss Michael every day," says Corinna. "But it's not just me who misses him. The children, the family, his father, everyone around him. I mean, everybody misses Michael"

And of the possibility to be able to talk his motorsport experiences with his dad, Mick says simply: "I would give up everything for that."