SCHUMACHER

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

RoBertino wrote: 2 years ago It is so sad, that "highly informed" people (e. g. motorsport moderators) gave the fans "surely message" about discovered secret of momental situation of Michael. But in the movie is the basic of years 1996 till 2000 with many people from Michael's round. Please, do not believe, that this movie show you Michael at present day!
This was the main problem I had with it as well.

It focused heavily on those years, but not in a particularly relevant way, and then 2001 to 2006 were totally glossed over, despite the fact those were his most dominant years by far. Also, I saw footage of Barrichello at least twice, when they were meant to be showing Schumi. That's quite a major mistake.

I think the documentary needed to be twice the length, or in two parts, to have gone in any more depth.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Picci
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Driver: Kimi Raikkonen
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Honda Fit

Post by Picci »

Yes lots of footage errors! And even a poster ad had the wrong car on it. Schumacher never raced the F412 T2 but it was on the poster. And it wasn’t from his Estoril test.
RoBertino
Favourite Motorsport: Formula One
Favourite Driver: Clay Regazzoni
Favourite Circuit: Monza

Post by RoBertino »

You have absolutely right - two parts would be more suitable because of rich career of Michael. There are many others information and interesting parts of his "motor life". Who knows, maybe some time will be prepared a series of MS?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I honestly have to say I turned it off after 15 minutes. Bored me to tears. Not helped by the fact the version I was watching had no English subtitles and I dont understand German.
I would almost rather watch an episode of the other awful Netflix series thing that some folk raved about . Cant even remember what its called. Something to do with surviving I think..

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

I haven't watched it yet. I don't have Netflix so a friend got my a version to download that I have sitting ready to watch, but I can't seem to find the time and inclination to watch it. I watched the Senna story, only the once. I still have it, but I can't bring myself to watch it again.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

I'm probably skipping it too. I wanted something more insightful and no-holds barred (like Senna) than what this sounds like from descriptions.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
RoBertino wrote: 2 years ago It is so sad, that "highly informed" people (e. g. motorsport moderators) gave the fans "surely message" about discovered secret of momental situation of Michael. But in the movie is the basic of years 1996 till 2000 with many people from Michael's round. Please, do not believe, that this movie show you Michael at present day!
This was the main problem I had with it as well.

It focused heavily on those years, but not in a particularly relevant way, and then 2001 to 2006 were totally glossed over, despite the fact those were his most dominant years by far. Also, I saw footage of Barrichello at least twice, when they were meant to be showing Schumi. That's quite a major mistake.

I think the documentary needed to be twice the length, or in two parts, to have gone in any more depth.
Struggles are always more interesting topics

Anyway I think a schumi doc should be shorter, not longer ;)
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless