Silly Season 2022

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

So, just to summarise:

George Russell ---> Mercedes
Valtteri Bottas ---> Alfa Romeo
Alex Albon ---> Williams
Kimi Raikkonen ---> Ice cream every day

That sounds like a pretty good line-up to me! I'm sad to see Kimi go though, even though we all know he is long past his best.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago So, just to summarise:

Alex Albon ---> Williams

That sounds like a pretty good line-up to me! I'm sad to see Kimi go though, even though we all know he is long past his best.
You missed out vodka every day for Kimi too. As I recall it's his favourite tipple.

It is sad he's retiring but it happens to them all in the end.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Star wrote: 2 years ago
Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago So the only seat remaining is Giovanazzi's?
Seems so, all those drivers vying for one seat...... who will win it?

Answers on a postcard please.... :haha:
Schumacher's seat is also technically not confirmed. I have read of tension between the two have caused a break down within the team. Mazepin has been confirmed due to his financial input which is greater than Schu's. Im sure at the end of the day Gunther will bang their heads together and sort them out.

I fear Gio's days are numbered.... Zhou has a major financial support package, and being Chinese is seen as a political bonus for F1. I have heard that he / his backers have offered a 30 million euro bounty for the Alfa #2 seat. Schu of course has also been mentioned in relation to Alfa.

And then there is Illott and de Vries although I fear they might be missing out. There are certainly no Merc powered seats left and de Vries is a Merc Junior, indeed next cab in the rank after George

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Giovinazzi is out of f1. He will be involved in the HyperCar Ferrari project (which i ingore what it is)
Ironically the bell was rang by Mazepin who has informed that next year his number will be the 99, which is Giovinazzi number. Not really a nice move to Antonio
Ferrari has lost its right to decide one driver, so giovi place will be likely given to nyck de vries, making alfa a junior mercedes team powered by a ferrari
Another option is by the money in the wallet of the chinese zhou, as sauber lost the orlen sponsor and other linked to raikkonen. What’s next…alfa romeo will step out?
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

And Vettel's when he retires.
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago
Oh, I think he will be around for 2-3 more years, as long as he can beat Stroll more often than not.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Alex Albon ---> Williams

You missed out vodka every day for Kimi too. As I recall it's his favourite tipple.

PT didn't say what kind of ice cream ;).

I'd love it if Kimi became some sort of Finnish James Hunt in the comm box. He'd have to be a third commentator though. He'd stay silent for entire races, just to wake up and launch a single mic-dropping comment at some random point before resuming his slumber.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Kai-Star
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Racing Car: Williams FW14
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: Ford Everest Sport

Post by Kai-Star »

Star wrote: 2 years ago I understand why it's become a money thing, but it's a real shame that F1 is not about the best drivers anymore, it's who has the deepest pockets.
It's always been this. Motor Racing is an expensive sport. Just look up Prince Bira of Thailand or the Marquess of Portago.
"Speed is relative and I knew that I was going faster in my head than he was in his head. If you keep seeing objects going by quickly, well then going quickly becomes normal for you."
Joann Villeneuve
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

MonteCristo wrote: 2 years ago

Alex Albon ---> Williams

PT didn't say what kind of ice cream ;).

I'd love it if Kimi became some sort of Finnish James Hunt in the comm box. He'd have to be a third commentator though. He'd stay silent for entire races, just to wake up and launch a single mic-dropping comment at some random point before resuming his slumber.
Vodka ice cream? Now there's an idea!
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

PTRACER wrote: 2 years ago
Vodka ice cream? Now there's an idea!
Too late....
You Can Basically Get Drunk Off This Vodka Ice Cream Its alcohol content is surprisingly high.

Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago

Schumacher's seat is also technically not confirmed. I have read of tension between the two have caused a break down within the team. Mazepin has been confirmed due to his financial input which is greater than Schu's. Im sure at the end of the day Gunther will bang their heads together and sort them out.

I fear Gio's days are numbered.... Zhou has a major financial support package, and being Chinese is seen as a political bonus for F1. I have heard that he / his backers have offered a 30 million euro bounty for the Alfa #2 seat. Schu of course has also been mentioned in relation to Alfa.

And then there is Illott and de Vries although I fear they might be missing out. There are certainly no Merc powered seats left and de Vries is a Merc Junior, indeed next cab in the rank after George
I didn't know Schumacher's seat wasn't confirmed, I assumed it was, shows you how wrong it is to assume doesn't it?

He won't retire this year, he's having too much fun from what I've seen. H'es loving being at Aston Martin and they seem to like having him there too.

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

I didn't know Schumacher's seat wasn't confirmed, I assumed it was, shows you how wrong it is to assume doesn't it?

He won't retire this year, he's having too much fun from what I've seen. H'es loving being at Aston Martin and they seem to like having him there too.
He probably wants to see what the cars are like in 2022 as well.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

@StarYou will no doubt be as puzzled as I was to learn that in reality Vettel has no signed deal for next year.....

I know I read only last week that Aston were fending off talk about their approaching Fernando to drive for them for '22, all vigorously denied but this is the latest news of Vettel's deal. Seems a formality but nothing signed yet.
Aston Martin announced last year that Vettel had joined on a deal to cover “2021 and beyond”, but the team is yet to formally confirm its driver plans for next season.

Team principal Otmar Szafnauer said at Zandvoort last weekend that it was “nothing complicated” with Vettel, but “just timing in the contract as to when we have to have the negotiation signed and then move on”.

Following a busy week of driver announcements that has seen Valtteri Bottas, George Russell and Alexander Albon all have seats confirmed for 2022, Vettel said he had “no news” to share.

“I’m talking to the team obviously, and I think we’ll have an answer very soon,” Vettel said.
Seb says he is “not worried” about his future

“But at this point, no news.”
Last edited by Everso Biggyballies 2 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

Star
Special Member
Special Member

Post by Star »

You will no doubt be puzzled as I was to learn that in reality Vettel has no signed deal for next year.....

I know I read only last week that Aston were fending off talk about their approaching Fernando to drive for them for '22, all vigourously denied but this is the lates news of Vettel's deal. Seems a formality but nothing signed yet.
Aston Martin announced last year that Vettel had joined on a deal to cover “2021 and beyond”, but the team is yet to formally confirm its driver plans for next season.

Team principal Otmar Szafnauer said at Zandvoort last weekend that it was “nothing complicated” with Vettel, but “just timing in the contract as to when we have to have the negotiation signed and then move on”.

Following a busy week of driver announcements that has seen Valtteri Bottas, George Russell and Alexander Albon all have seats confirmed for 2022, Vettel said he had “no news” to share.

“I’m talking to the team obviously, and I think we’ll have an answer very soon,” Vettel said.

“But at this point, no news.”

I did know the Vettel situation isn't 100% guaranteed, it was a 1 year 'plus' situation to make sure they're a good fit. Given both sides seem happy and there have been no rumours of either side talking to anyone else, I am assuming (and crossing my fingers) that all is well and they'll sign on the dotted line in the not too distant future :)

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

For those who have suggested that George will very much be a #2 to Lewis and he will not be allowed to challenge.....

George Russell says Mercedes made it “very clear” that he will be on “level terms” with Lewis Hamilton when they become Formula 1 team-mates in 2022.

“That was made very clear to me,” Russell said.

“I think Mercedes are always respectful in that regard, to give both drivers the best opportunity. (OK George, did you run that one ast Mr Bottas whose place you are taking? I wonder if he agrees. Ask him about Russia 2018 for one. :mrgreen: :wink:

I wonder if that (alleged equal) will be the case if and when George does what Lewis did (to Alonso) :dunno: :suspicious: :aggro:

I must admit I would love it if George was more than a match for Lewis and pushed him that hard. :fingers: :smiley:

MonteCristo

Post by MonteCristo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago For those who have suggested that George will very much be a #2 to Lewis and he will not be allowed to challenge.....

George Russell says Mercedes made it “very clear” that he will be on “level terms” with Lewis Hamilton when they become Formula 1 team-mates in 2022.

“That was made very clear to me,” Russell said.

“I think Mercedes are always respectful in that regard, to give both drivers the best opportunity. (OK George, did you run that one ast Mr Bottas whose place you are taking? I wonder if he agrees. Ask him about Russia 2018 for one. :mrgreen: :wink:

I wonder if that (alleged equal) will be the case if and when George does what Lewis did (to Alonso) :dunno: :suspicious: :aggro:

I must admit I would love it if George was more than a match for Lewis and pushed him that hard. :fingers: :smiley:
I always figured he'd take a year to find his feet at Merc. But I forgot about the new cars in 2022. If they don't suit Lewis as well then George could find himself with the upper hand quite quickly.

Of course, the opposite could also happen and George gets nuked worse than Bottas!