2021 Max v Lewis Hungry for More Hungarian GP

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Star wrote: 2 years ago Oh well, I thought Seb deserved the place, it's a shame he lost it on a technical fault. That is down to the team, not him.

I agree with @Ruslan, take the sample before the race, once it's in the car if necessary. It would solve all of this.
As you sat nothing to do with him and yes he drove well to get that result.

I wonder whether the post race fuel sample thing is just a hangover from the refuelling days when of course one could understand needing a post race sample. :dunno: :huh:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
manny
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber, Max Verstappen,
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans

Post by manny »

Star wrote: 2 years ago Oh well, I thought Seb deserved the place, it's a shame he lost it on a technical fault. That is down to the team, not him.

I agree with @Ruslan, take the sample before the race, once it's in the car if necessary. It would solve all of this.
If my memory isn't too fuzzy, then i believe in the past, they took a fuel sample before the start.
An example which pops up like an ad on the web, is the Brazilian GP 1995:
Every fuel sample was alright, except the one from Elf. So tough luck for Williams and Benetton who had Elf as fuelsupply, special if you winning the race which Benetton did. But at the end of the race Schumacher & Benetton had a DQ because of the fuel & Berger in the Ferrari was the winner. Months later Schumacher got his points back , Coulthard as well, but the Teams Williams & Benetton did not. So yeah, Vettel should get his 2nd place back, but not Aston Martin. Because having none litere of fuel means, having none litere of fuel. ;)
WIP.
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

Wouldn't it be nice if they could just trust the teams not to cheat or circumnavigate the rules so that they didn't have to take samples at all?

I know why they have to take them and the DQ is there to deter them from trying to do anything naughty, but it's shame for the drivers, especially after a hard fought race like Hungary was for Seb.
Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
manny
Silver Member
Silver Member
Favourite Driver: Mark Webber, Max Verstappen,
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans

Post by manny »

It would be nice, no question. But Situations like this proves you can't. If you don't check, the Teams would do whatever they want. To be honest, this is crazy. Saying there is 1,44 literes in the Car cause the Telemetry says so. The FIA can look where they want & they don't find this 1,44 literes, so DQ. If Top Teams do the same, DQ them, basta!
WIP.