Слава Родине, товарищ GP of Sochi

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
Ruslan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Circuit: Monaco actually

Post by Ruslan »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 2 years ago
White six wrote: 2 years ago The cream basically rose to the top. Merc and RB got it right, Norris didn't

Did we get an answer if the rain radar info was actually different for Norris? Or did they just fck up/he failed to listen to them?

I'd have thought the pictures of the rainfall were the same for all teams
All teams, the FIA etc all get the identical weather resources from Meteo. It is just the interpretation that is different. ie someone at Merc seems to have done a better job with the same info. Obviously with live radar some of it becomes predictive when you are talking weather in 30 seconds time at one end of the circuit, actual trajectory etc. Teams also generally have spotters at strategic oints of the track relaying info. lus obviously the drivers are giving their feedback. From what I have read Norris was informed it was not going to get worse. It did. Merc had the benefit of being able to pit Bottas earlier to get instant comparative data between Bot and others on slicks to help decide re Lewis. Because Danny Ric was in a good position he was not realistically in the same situation... Bottas was out of the points before he stopped so nothing to lose. One of the instances when it i good to have a loser as a team mate.

Others like Kimi over ruled what Alfa were telling him, said I want inters this lap, Im coming in, was one of the first to stop (same time as Max) and jumped from 15th to 8th as a result. Gio stayed out and ended 16th having stopped 2 laps later.
Not sure it is easy to tell how hard the rain is from the radar images. You can run on slicks in a light rain.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."