The 2021 Bumpus Grand Prix of Austin

Current Formula One related news, information and discussion.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

In a lot of ways, I don't blame them. They got told to go by their sponsors or PR person, so they go.

Then some British guy comes up to them with a camera in tow, no doubt wanting to talk about how much they know about F1 (which is exactly zero), and what brings them there (money, which they don't want to say).

But on the other hand, they're tools.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1

Post by DoubleFart »

If she had even the tiniest bit of knowledge she could have said "An F1 rap? Maybe, let's see if Lewis is up for a collab?"
Gavle Yule Goat Predictor 2018, 2019 and 2021 Champion
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
Circuitmaster
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Circuitmaster »

All I'm gonna say is: the fact that we're on an F1 forum in the middle of a great championship battle, and the last page of the thread has been dominated by Megan Thee Stallion talk, just goes to show the power of exposure at an event like this. It makes me think the confrontation was completely planned by her posse.

If you don't like it, don't talk about it. Discussion and coverage will only encourage them. Hell, if I was an influencer, after the coverage MTS has had, I'd be booking my ticket to Mexico City and figuring out exactly how I was gonna shove Brundle to the ground 😂
Guess the pole champion 2014
Guess the pole champion 2015
Guess the pole accuracy champion 2015
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Star wrote: 2 years ago
White six wrote: 2 years ago
Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago Obviously the more celebrities you have on the grid the better. It broadens the interest and maybe the base of F1 (beyond 70-year olds who can buy a Rolex). Right now viewership of F1 races in the U.S. is up like 50% this year to levels not previously seen.

Anyhow MTS was perfectly polite. it was a backward set of questions. On the other hand, they may want to limit or ban entourages and body guards.

On another note, while there are a lot of Martin Brundle fans out there, I really don’t think he does a great job with his grid walks. Will Buxton was better. I think they should probably look at replacing Brundle, with either Buxton, or if they could get him, Jenson Button.
The two who seem to be getting flak are black women. We've decided now that black men are acceptable, but we have to draw the line somewhere :whistling:
Just so you're aware, it's not about the colour of those involved, it's about how rude they were. I couldn't care less what the colour of their skin is, or their religion or their sexual preference or anything else come to that, being rude is being rude and it's unaccaptable whoever you are.
Whoever was 'responsible' it's two black women getting the social media pain
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

Circuitmaster wrote: 2 years ago All I'm gonna say is: the fact that we're on an F1 forum in the middle of a great championship battle, and the last page of the thread has been dominated by Megan Thee Stallion talk, just goes to show the power of exposure at an event like this. It makes me think the confrontation was completely planned by her posse.

If you don't like it, don't talk about it. Discussion and coverage will only encourage them. Hell, if I was an influencer, after the coverage MTS has had, I'd be booking my ticket to Mexico City and figuring out exactly how I was gonna shove Brundle to the ground 😂
I'll kneel down behind him tying my shoelace :)
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

Ruslan wrote: 2 years ago Obviously the more celebrities you have on the grid the better. It broadens the interest and maybe the base of F1 (beyond 70-year olds who can buy a Rolex). Right now viewership of F1 races in the U.S. is up like 50% this year to levels not previously seen.

Anyhow MTS was perfectly polite. it was a backward set of questions. On the other hand, they may want to limit or ban entourages and body guards.

On another note, while there are a lot of Martin Brundle fans out there, I really don’t think he does a great job with his grid walks. Will Buxton was better. I think they should probably look at replacing Brundle, with either Buxton, or if they could get him, Jenson Button.
The two who seem to be getting flak are black women. We've decided now that black men are acceptable, but we have to draw the line somewhere :whistling:
Just so you're aware, it's not about the colour of those involved, it's about how rude they were. I couldn't care less what the colour of their skin is, or their religion or their sexual preference or anything else come to that, being rude is being rude and it's unaccaptable whoever you are.
Point being? If that had been Christina aguilera, another Diva, she'd be getting the same shit

Stop trying to make this a race issue.
MonteCristo wrote: 2 years agoVettel: Not a fan at all on track. But off track, good guy.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

I don't watch the grid walks anymore, and I have no idea who this rapper is (never heard the name). I did watch the clip though and I was a little surprised by her entourage's behaviour. Obviously they did not know who Martin Brundle was and Martin was very gracious to not pull out the "don't you know who I am?" card. Her and her group of thugs probably can't even name one F1 driver on the grid and none of them have any business being there.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago

Point being? If that had been Christina aguilera, another Diva, she'd be getting the same shit

But if it had been one of those huge basketball players Brundle wouldn't have said a dicky bird
DoubleFart
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by DoubleFart »

DoubleFart wrote: 2 years ago

But if it had been one of those huge basketball players Brundle wouldn't have said a dicky bird
Based on what evidence? Brundle is an equal opportunities offender, and does a lot of Sky promo with Lewis that they could easily do with one of their other talking heads, so let's not make out it's about race, or about being a woman, or anything else.

Brundle had his main pop at the Security and the white guy who told him he couldn't talk to her.