[F2/F3/Super Formula etc] 2020 Junior Formula Series discussion

Current motorsport related news, information and discussion on any series that does not fit in the above or below categories
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Antonov wrote: 3 years ago Any idea why we had GP2 in Bahrain, but not in Abu Dhabi?
I guess because there is already post season junior driver testing after Abu Dhabi. Plus Bahrain has traditionally been a venue for F2. Abu Dhabi never have support races. THis year is just a Renault R25 demo. Also Abu Dhabi is a shit track disliked by drivers..

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
M1C54L
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Ayrton | Lewis
Favourite Circuit: Marina Bay | Spa

Post by M1C54L »

Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago
Antonov wrote: 3 years ago Any idea why we had GP2 in Bahrain, but not in Abu Dhabi?
I guess because there is already post season junior driver testing after Abu Dhabi. Plus Bahrain has traditionally been a venue for F2. Abu Dhabi never have support races. THis year is just a Renault R25 demo. Also Abu Dhabi is a shit track disliked by drivers..
On a sidenote, I'm a bit confused by the R25 demo. Why and for who? Or is it just to get Alonso some more track time?
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

M1C54L wrote: 3 years ago
Everso Biggyballies wrote: 3 years ago
On a sidenote, I'm a bit confused by the R25 demo. Why and for who? Or is it just to get Alonso some more track time?
What was also strange is that back in the day the car was part sponsored by Michelin and ran Michelin grooved tyres.... for this demo I see it ran Pirelli slicks! (I did not notice if it still showed the Michelin stickers.)
Alonso is I think taking part in the 'rookie' test that is being run after the GP weekend at the track. (FA was given special dispensation to run.... yet Sainz was not allowed to run for Ferrari.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
M1C54L

Post by M1C54L »

Michelin is still there. The Michelin Man is on the nose just below the Renault logo.

I haven't compared the car in Abu Dhabi with the original car, I can't remember al those 'Team Spirit' signs. I do remember Telefonica on the rear wing. It looks like they left the car in it's original state, except for the tyres.

The whole Alonso rookie test thing is bad for F1, IMO. The FIA should have given all teams the option to test with next year's line-up.
M1C54L

Post by M1C54L »

"Team Spirit" replaced "Mild Seven", of course.
I'm not sure about the tyres, BTW. Are these 16 or 18 inch tyres? They look pretty big on the R25, but so did the original tyres.