1954 Lakewood Grand National, The OTHER Crash, Kross & Harrison?

Post here if you come across a video or image that you would like identifying.
Jesper Hvid
Permanent Ban
Permanent Ban

1954 Lakewood Grand National, The OTHER Crash, Kross & Harrison?

Post by Jesper Hvid »

Chanced upon a pic that may solve an oldie.

Garlington's big flip was sorted long ago, and I wondered about the other one. This version has something irrelevant in it, namely Sara Christian's wreck at same track in 1950, which TheRacer120 pointed out. Editors of these kinds of things are obsessed with montages, and mix stuff up willy-nilly. The one I'm talking about now is the accident at 0:06-0:08, which comes right after jump-cuts showing Stan Kross in the #77, then #144 C. H. Dingler, who BTW wasn't as useless as his name suggests, as he finished 9th, and collected one hundred bucks in back-then-money.

But the 0:06-0:08 t-bone crash, could that have been Stan Kross and Bill Harrison on lap 45?

The pic to compare with, the car to the right, with a white shape behind it, not quite large enough to be a vehicle:

#25 is "Fireball" Roberts, and directly in front of him, a car which looks like it has #77 written on the trunk, but that is a mismatch for Kross' car as shown in the video, where it doesn't have a white top - fortunately - as I would have had no case for an IDing topic.

Full page, click to enlarge: Image

https://www.racing-reference.info/race- ... 1954-04/W/

Could be a case of two flies with one swat, if the whole thing adds up, and what do you think?