Andreas Perez Fatal (?!?) crash

Current motorcycle racing related news, information and discussion.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member
Favourite Motorsport: Motogp and WSBK + everythin classic
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 98T
Favourite Driver: Kevin Schwantz
Favourite Circuit: VIR

Andreas Perez Fatal (?!?) crash

Post by mattia2 »

So, this afternoon Andreas Perez crashed out in Race-2 of the world Junior Moto3 Championship at Catalunya. THey showed only a few frames of the aftermath, but it was clear that the situation was tragic. The news aren't clear, the Avintia team says he's in a life threathing situation, but some site said that he was already dead. If someona has recorded/knows where to find the race pls post it down below, i've many doubts about this crash...
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

From what I've learned, that means there's not much hope.
Last edited by hollie3sa 5 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Motorsportrace
Supreme Member
Supreme Member

Post by Motorsportrace »

I'd like to see the aftermath, if anyone has it.
Motorsportrace
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

hollie3sa wrote: 5 years ago From what I've learned, that means there's not much hope.
He is cerebrally dead, nothing can be done...
hollie3sa

Post by hollie3sa »

Pérez has officially been pronounced dead:
http://esponsorama.ad/es/fallece-andrea ... allery-com
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

An article in English:
https://www.motorsport.com/cev/news/fou ... h-1045501/

14, wow. RIP.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

Yeah, it's really tragic. If anyone find the race please write it down there, i'm not that sure that he was hit only by the bikes behind. He was close to the unprotected wall when they showed the aftermath, so maybe he made also contact with the wall..
theracer120
Elite Member
Elite Member

Post by theracer120 »

Wasn't there a 12 or 13 year old killed in a MotoGP support race a few years back?
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, it's really tragic. If anyone find the race please write it down there, i'm not that sure that he was hit only by the bikes behind. He was close to the unprotected wall when they showed the aftermath, so maybe he made also contact with the wall..
These races are I think usually shown on BT here, I'll keep an eye out but BT are so "socially sensitive" they will likely never repeat the broadcast because of what happened.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
Sedre
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Sedre »

13-years rider killed in support race for MotoGP was Peter Lenz: http://www.motorsportmemorial.org/focus ... =ms&n=9781

Also, last July young Moldovian motorcross rider Igor Ciuharciuc, also 13, died after fall at EMX85 European Championship Czech Grand Prix: http://ontrackoffroad.com/2017/07/23/em ... rand-prix/
http://www.radio.cz/en/section/news/mot ... after-fall
Ciuharciuc won his first national championship in 2010, when he was only 7.

RIP to Andreas.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

Ian-S wrote: 5 years ago
mattia2 wrote: 5 years ago Yeah, it's really tragic. If anyone find the race please write it down there, i'm not that sure that he was hit only by the bikes behind. He was close to the unprotected wall when they showed the aftermath, so maybe he made also contact with the wall..
These races are I think usually shown on BT here, I'll keep an eye out but BT are so "socially sensitive" they will likely never repeat the broadcast because of what happened.
Exactly. I've watched the race live on Sky, but i can't record anything on my shitty pc. And one of my closest friend is the italian TV Commentator for the series....

Question for everyone in this thread, what are you're thoughts about the typical censorship by Dorna? I mean, they didn't show any replay, they even didn't give any update on the riders involved or their physical condition for over an hour and a half...
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

The are laws which DORNA must follow, especially when it comes to a minor, it is not their job to update you on anybody's condition when an accident happens though. As for replays, I personally don't think these things should be censored, I really hate it when they "pause" footage because "it's too upsetting for us to show you", I'd rather they let me decided whether I want to watch something, but if the accident wasn't shown live then the director would have had access to it and it may be that they decided there and then not to show it if it was blatantly obvious he was going to die, or the crash was simply missed, ITV had seven cameras covering a certain spot at Oulton yesterday and every one of them missed a rolling Clio, it happens.

If it's caught live there's nothing they can do but if it isn't I can understand why they would be hesitant, especially since it involved a child.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

Ian-S wrote: 5 years ago The are laws which DORNA must follow, especially when it comes to a minor, it is not their job to update you on anybody's condition when an accident happens though. As for replays, I personally don't think these things should be censored, I really hate it when they "pause" footage because "it's too upsetting for us to show you", I'd rather they let me decided whether I want to watch something, but if the accident wasn't shown live then the director would have had access to it and it may be that they decided there and then not to show it if it was blatantly obvious he was going to die, or the crash was simply missed, ITV had seven cameras covering a certain spot at Oulton yesterday and every one of them missed a rolling Clio, it happens.

If it's caught live there's nothing they can do but if it isn't I can understand why they would be hesitant, especially since it involved a child.
Yeah, i think the same for the replay thing, but to me the lack of information it's just unbelievable, It happens every time there is a serious looking crash in any dorna championship, even with Michele Pirro at the Mugello it happened in a similar way. Or at Brno sunday, when Rusmiputro crashed hard during the SSP300 race, and they give us the name and an update on the rider condition during the podium. To me, that's just unacceptable, i can understand not showing the replay, but i can't understand this lack of basic information. Ok, i think there ara laws on childs privacy, but this happens even for adult people, and i can't simply understand it.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »

In a few minutes i should have the footage, i'll link it down below.
mattia2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by mattia2 »