2021 NASCAR - Newsflashes, rumors, and general chatter

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nope. Poland is not forgotten how communism works. In a good or bad fashion.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

erwin greven wrote: 2 years ago Nope. Poland is not forgotten how communism works. In a good or bad fashion.
Here's the update - communism was bad! And since it was the only politically correct system for 45 years we have a hard time accepting the liberal political correctness of XXI century. Polish people don't have much respect for outside political authority whether the messages come from Moscow or Brussels :tongue:
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Sorry I'm a little late, I was at the Millbridge Micro Sprint shootout, here are the entry lists for championship weekend!

Trucks - 41
Xfinity - 42
Cup - 39

Kind of a shame the last race with the Gen 6 can't even muster a full field.
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Ben Rhodes is the 2021 truck series champion of the world!
The most merciful thing in the world, I think, is the inability of the human mind to correlate all its contents.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 2 years ago Ben Rhodes is the 2021 truck series champion of the world!
He was a bit tipsy during his press conference :drunk:
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 2 years ago He was a bit tipsy during his press conference :drunk:
Ha, hell yeah. Ben's come around to me, I'll always see him as a total clown (especially after intentionally wrecking Chandler Smith and Christian Eckes last year) but I have to give him props for calming his ass down this year.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Daniel Hemric is the 2021 Xfinity series champion of the world!
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 2 years ago Daniel Hemric is the 2021 Xfinity series champion of the world!
Win your first NASCAR race ever and be awarded with the championship. Talk about exposing the system.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

Well, the 4-Man season finale is a joke. It's actually worse than the original Chase. Thankfully Hemric just isn't gonna be relevant in the Cup, he busted out once before and I can't see him rising off the rebound. At least Gragson didn't win it! :tongue:
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

It is very hard to feel happy for Hemric after this win. Just now won his first career NASCAR race after driving for elite teams for five years. He should definitely have 25+ career wins by now.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Hemric didn't really bust out of cup, Childress just had Reddick waiting in the wing, didn't want to expand to a 3 car team and he wasn't gonna sack his own grandson.
Vassago

Post by Vassago »

But this only shows how these titles are pretty much worthless in the end. Teams have designated chosen drivers from Day 1 and this title won't change Hemric's career path at all. He'll become the next Allgaier at best.
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 2 years ago Daniel Hemric is the 2021 Xfinity series champion.
Scrapping a few words. Please don't follow this "World Center of Racing" or "Racing Capital of the World" attitude in the US.

Again a champion that shows the bankruptcy of this Chase system. Why was the Chase introduced? To prevent drivers winning championships by consistency instead of wins.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

erwin greven wrote: 2 years ago
Microsprinter18 wrote: 2 years ago Daniel Hemric is the 2021 Xfinity series champion.
Scrapping a few words. Please don't follow this "World Center of Racing" or "Racing Capital of the World" attitude in the US.

Again a champion that shows the bankruptcy of this Chase system. Why was the Chase introduced? To prevent drivers winning championships by consistency instead of wins.
Well.. the last season before "The chase", Matt Kenseth won the championship with 1 win. Since then, Matt Crafton is the only driver to win a championship in the top three series without winning a race (2019 Trucks).

On the other hand, Zane Smith almost won the truck series championship yesterday despite recording only 2 Top 5 finishes for the whole year.

Martin Truex Jr is in the cup championship 4 despite being seventh in regular points coming into this week.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Ty Gibbs in ARCA Races this year

26 Starts - 20 National, 4 East, 2 West
16 Wins - 10 National, 4 East, 2 West
16 Poles - 11 National, 4 East, 1 West
25 Top 5's - 19 National, 4 East, 2 West
25 Top 10's - 19 National, 4 East, 2 West
1 DNF - Came in main ARCA series at Talladega due to a crash

Ty Gibbs in Xfinity series this year
18 Starts
4 Wins
9 Top 5's
10 Top 10's
1 DNF - Elkhart Lake, mechanical issue
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

acerogers58 wrote: 2 years ago
erwin greven wrote: 2 years ago Again a champion that shows the bankruptcy of this Chase system. Why was the Chase introduced? To prevent drivers winning championships by consistency instead of wins.
Well.. the last season before "The chase", Matt Kenseth won the championship with 1 win.
Because he had to be consistent the entire year, instead of the last 10 races, being one crash or blown engine away from having your chance taken away before even making it to the finale. Matt worked his ass off every race to make up for that lone win to even be in contention for the title, much let dominate the championship like he did. By that measure, he's far more deserving of the title than a lot of champions of those that came after.

I've heard NASCAR throw around the term "Game Seven moment". Thing is, you don't lose the first 6 games then win game 7.