Nascar Busch in Mexico *Spoilers*

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
HC

Post by HC »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Montoya just took the lead from teammate Pruett.
Bram
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bram »

Again, bad luck for Montoya. Problems on pit road. If that caution would have come out 1 lap later, it would've made a world of difference too...
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2004 Mustang SVT Cobra + Colorado

Post by strad »

Man...If I was Juan I woulda waited rather than have Hamlin on my back bumper...I think Chips a little pissed...Juan coulda waited...He's in the thick of it now...If that yellow hadn't come out Denny was gonna move him out of the way.
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
Frankie
Silver Member
Silver Member

Post by Frankie »

Montoya wins
Bram
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Bram »

Too Bad he spun his teammate out. I wouldn't be too happy if I saw Montoya.
If he waited a bit longer he would've gotten by him no matter what so he should've been more patient. Very easy to say though, not easy to do.
Don't be so open-minded that your brains fall out
HC

Post by HC »

Like I said: patience is key. He had the better car. Of course he's still a rookie. That's why Hamlin also managed to keep up with him. If that last caution wouldn't have come out he maybe could have passed him. Juan will learn from this and next time I hope it won't happen again. Although we all know how good Juan can keep his temper...
joco
Bronze Member
Bronze Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1,Lemans,Indycar
Favourite Racing Car: Porsche 917
Favourite Driver: Alain Prost
Favourite Circuit: Le Mans,Monza,Daytona

Post by joco »

guys i need little help here

i live in slovenia only get review of nascar racing on eurosport
(motosport weekend)
so i know only nascar what is this BUSCH series
i know about this series when Montoya win

why in this series no driver from NASCAR CUP
Gordon (my favorit driver in nascar)
Dale Earnhardt Jr
Ryan Newman

can someone explane to me

sorry my english isnt very good

thanks for your help
:happy: :happy: :happy:
85,86,89,93 F1 World Champion
51 GP wins
798.5 championship points
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by strad »

Busch is the feeder series for the top rung NASCAR NEXTEL CUP..There were some Cup stars running but not as many as often cherry pick the other Busch races.
If a man can't look at danger and still go on, man has stopped living. If the worst ever happens – then it means simply that I've been asked to pay the bill for the happiness of my life – without a moment's regret. Graham Hill
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Strad (or anyone) do 'the stars' just cherry pick the events with the best purse? Also do the div2 guys run as support races to the main guys, so the 'stars' use it for extra laps to maybe help with setup for the main event? I assume they use different cars. Lastly do they therefor on occassion run two races on the same venue same weekend? :dunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
HC

Post by HC »

There are a lot of guys who've done CTS, Busch and Cup in the same weekend too. Harvick did it in 2004 at Bristol and had to get out of the Cup race halfway through coz he was too tired. Busch cars are a tad smaller in size and engine. Plus some other specs differ but if you run the Busch race on Saturday you can be assured that you learn something for Sunday. The Busch Series was still okay in 2004, but after that it got really crowded by Cup drivers. Most of them did the first five race and when they noticed they weren't high enough in the points they backed out. Indepandant teams are quite rare these days. Most of the times the Cup drivers just choose the races they like to run. Junior for instance is also doing some Busch races this year again, Budweiser first was against it but they turned around. As far as I know Gordon hasn't been back in Busch for quite some time. Ryan Newman had a winning streak in 05, in the same car that Kurt used to win in 06.

Oh yeah, if the Cup drivers enter a race they enter coz they want to win it badly. Yes, it helps for the next day but these guys also go flat out for the win.
HC

Post by HC »

This is what DW wrote this week.

People are always asking me about the Busch Series and short-track racing in general. The Busch Series has lost its identity to Cup drivers and Cup cars. When NASCAR started taking the Busch Series off of the short tracks in the Southeast particularly — like South Boston, Hickory and Martinsvilles — it lost places to develop new talent like Denny Hamlin, Stacy Compton and a few other guys. They came right off of the short tracks, got an opportunity in Busch and then moved up to Cup. One of the problems with the Busch Series is it's pretty much all superspeedways now, and the cars are identical to Cup cars. The only difference is the wheel base — 105 inches in Busch to 110 inches in Cup.

I was trying to think about the Car of Tomorrow and all of the positives that an owner can find when he considers how much it's costing him and what the payoff will be. If NASCAR were smart, they would take the Cup Car of Tomorrow — remember the extra large or XL Cup car or the Dodge Avenger and Chevrolet Impala — and make that body style and configuration the Sunday car. Then take the current Cup car — the Monte Carlo, the Fusion, the Camry and the Charger — and make it the Busch car. There's nothing wrong with the current car. It's a safe, good car.

The current Cup owners would have a place to get rid of their obsolete fleet of cars. They could sell them at bargain prices so Busch teams could afford to buy the cars. It would put a lot of new equipment into the Busch Series, and it would give a lot of young drivers an opportunity to drive first-class equipment.

You would have the Car of Tomorrow/XL Cup car in the Nextel Cup Series. The current Cup car would become the Busch car, and then you've got the Craftsman Trucks. All three series would have their own identity. That's what they need. Put the Busch cars back on the short tracks like they used to run and give them an almost unlimited supply of cars that owners and new teams could buy at bargain prices. It would pump up the Busch Series and be a win, win, win for everybody. That's my suggestion for the current car, which would provide a way to bail out Cup owners and give them a small return on their investment.
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Quite simply, the Cup 'stars' pick those races that can help them do better in the Cup race that follows it on the same weekend. Tracks like Texas, Atlanta, New Hampshire, Dover all host Cup races along with a Busch and/or a Truck race during the same weekend, so you always see a massive number of Cup drivers entered for those races, cause every bit they learn about the car and the track will play a crucial role in their main event the next day as its so darn competitive at the top now. Mexico doesn't host a Cup race yet, and taking all the trouble of going there and doing the race isn't worth it for most of them other than for those doing double-duty/full-time in both series where every point counts, like for Carl Edwards.

But about the race, man.. that was dirty pool right there. LOL at his post-race comments, 'I saw Pruett go wide so I went down the inside and just as I did, he turned in'. Hello.. Pruett had already started turning long before Juan even got his front bumper alongside Pruett's right rear quarterpanel. I was really hoping Hamlin would lift Juan off the ground on that second-last restart and sort of return the favor on Scott's behalf. Still, congrats to JPM on his first NASCAR win. He was fast.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Does this make JPM a Buschwacker?
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

Cheeveer wrote:Does this make JPM a Buschwacker?
Not until he can actually whack like Kenseth or Kahne do.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Cheeveer wrote:Does this make JPM a Buschwacker?
The way he did the last trick on Pruett after an impressive everything else with a car that was better (and after being told seconds before not to wreck his teamate SP) that you should change the C to an N. It spoilt what would have been a good day.... :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
strad
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by strad »

NASCAR veteran and current Nextel Cup points leader Mark Martin has praised Juan Pablo Montoya's win in the Mexico Busch Series race last Sunday, claiming the incident with Scott Pruett did not devalue the Colombian's first stock car victory.

"I knew that Juan Montoya was one of the greatest drivers in the world, but boy, did he show everybody Sunday," Martin told reporters at Las Vegas on Friday.

"In reference to the end of the race and the incident that he and Pruett had, it was an unfortunate incident, you know. It was not something that didn't need to take place for him to win the race.

"It certainly didn't discredit the win by any means. He certainly put on a driving clinic for eveyone out there and that was awesome."

Martin said Montoya could have overtaken his teammate Pruett later as he was the fastest driver on the track in the final part of the race. He believes however the Colombian will act in a different way if faced with the same situation in the future.

"I think in retrospect that Juan with nine laps to go had them covered pretty good and got himself in a situation where he couldn't get out of when Scott went wide to turn into the corner, which is how you do instead of protecting the line because Juan was so far back," said Martin.

"I know that Scott never thought Juan would get down the inside of him and Juan never thought as he was doing that, that Scott was not going to know he was coming.

"But he certainly could've made that pass clean next time by and I bet you that he will next time."