[NSC/NNS/CWTS] 2009 Season

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Bottom post of the previous page:

I'm not complaining my friend, I'm just asking. I don't follow NASCAR but I believe that the regulations make the car pretty similiar, so it should be really the most consistent driver the one who wins. I'm sure JJ is one of the greatest but such a streak was not seen since the 70's in NASCAR. I'm just asking, is he the best to interpret the chase for the cup format? (I wanna learn)
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

According to Johnson, the COT has played into his driving style. The COT is by design an extremely tight/understeery car with a nearly 50% L/R weight distribution and a lot less front downforce than the old car so it has to be setup extremely loose to be free on entry so the car can turn the corner, and this creates a severe lack of forward bite from the center off, ie. extremely loose off. So you have to be really good with your right foot to deliver those 850 horses to the pavement on exit with careful throttle modulation, and the looser you can handle, the faster you will be. He says that coming from driving off-road trucks and motocross before that (both very loose surfaces of dirt or mud), he's really good at driving a really loose car.

Even Jeff Gordon has said that Jimmie's setups are too loose for him. That should answer the questions of why Gordon and the other HMS guys can't match Johnson despite having access to the same stuff.

Of course, he was very good with the old car too, but atleast he was on par with the other top guys with it, whereas he's in a different zip code with the COT.
Last edited by SBan83 14 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

I was only joking Toni.... I know nothing about NASCAR myself. (In fact I only looked at the thread because I saw you had posted in it and that intrigued me / gave me a WTF moment!) :haha: :wink:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

caneparo wrote:I'm not complaining my friend, I'm just asking. I don't follow NASCAR but I believe that the regulations make the car pretty similiar, so it should be really the most consistent driver the one who wins. I'm sure JJ is one of the greatest but such a streak was not seen since the 70's in NASCAR. I'm just asking, is he the best to interpret the chase for the cup format? (I wanna learn)
He is also the best to interpret the chase format. Over the last 4 years his team has perfected the setups for those 10 tracks. For the first 26 races, they just make sure that they are in the top 12 to be in the chase.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

Everso Biggyballies wrote:I was only joking Toni.... I know nothing about NASCAR myself. (In fact I only looked at the thread because I saw you had posted in it and that intrigued me / gave me a WTF moment!) :haha: :wink:
NASCAR...who?

PS: thanks for explanation, so if I understand good when they start the chase they change the point of the first 10 making them closer.
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

caneparo wrote:
Everso Biggyballies wrote:I was only joking Toni.... I know nothing about NASCAR myself. (In fact I only looked at the thread because I saw you had posted in it and that intrigued me / gave me a WTF moment!) :haha: :wink:
NASCAR...who?

PS: thanks for explanation, so if I understand good when they start the chase they change the point of the first 10 making them closer.
The first 12.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***