Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Final lap: Leader is rammed out the way and three wide does not always work.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Marshall Pruett wrote:Atherton to leave IMSA after 2019 season

IMSA president Scott Atherton will conclude three decades of leadership atop North American sports car racing after the completion of the current season. His successor will be named soon after the WeatherTech SportsCar Championship season is finished in Braselton, Georgia, on October 12.

Atherton’s full-time career in the sport spanned 34 years, and despite the upcoming retirement from IMSA, he will stay involved as a member of its board of directors for 2020 and beyond.

The transition comes eight years after Atherton, who ran the American Le Mans Series on behalf of its late founder Don Panoz, negotiated the sale of the series and its many properties to the France family, owners of NASCAR and the former Grand-Am Rolex Series, which merged with the ALMS to form the modern version of IMSA.

“As anyone involved in professional motorsports knows, it’s not a job – it’s a lifestyle,” Atherton said. “For the past 34 years it has been an honor and a privilege to work with some of the most iconic venues and personalities in the industry. I am thankful for the countless men and women I have worked with who enabled me to have a career that has far exceeded my wildest dreams. But I especially want to thank my family who have supported me every step of the way. IMSA is stronger than ever and I am confident it will continue to grow and prosper.”

IMSA chairman Jim France, who oversaw the merger with Atherton, saluted his meritorious career.

“Scott is a racer at heart, but also a businessman and his dedicated, thoughtful leadership has positioned IMSA for continued growth as we begin the next 50 years of our racing heritage,” he said. “We are very grateful for all that he has done for the sport and wish him the absolute best during his well-deserved retirement.”
https://racer.com/2019/09/19/atherton-t ... 19-season/
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

https://imsatv.imsa.com/

PETIT LE MANS FORMATION LAP STARTED
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

#38 crashes hard! (Cameron)
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

John Doonan Named IMSA President

The International Motor Sports Association (IMSA) announced today that John Doonan has been named the next president of the sanctioning body effective January 1, 2020 with his first day on the job scheduled for Monday, Oct. 21.

“This is a once-in-a-lifetime and dream opportunity after attending IMSA races since I was young boy,” Doonan said. “I am very humbled and truly honored to have the opportunity to join the IMSA team and I’m really looking forward to making a positive impact for our sport, our partners and our industry.”
https://www.instagram.com/imsa_racing
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

George Dies after Medical Emergency at Sebring Encore

ANSA Motorsports driver dies after experiencing medical emergency at Michelin Encore…

Dr. Tim M. George has died after experiencing a medical emergency while at the wheel of the No. 2 ANSA Motorsports Ligier JS P3 Nissan during Sunday’s Michelin SportsCar Encore at Sebring International Raceway.

The 59-year-old Austin resident reportedly drove the car into the pits before coming to a rest in the middle of the pit lane adjacent to the pit stall, with George unresponsive. There was no mechanical issue with the car.

While immediately attended by track medical personnel, George was transported to a local Sebring hospital where he was declared dead.

The car, which George shared with Jon Brownson and Neil Alberico, returned to the track after the incident but was later retired from the race.

Dr. George, an accomplished neurosurgeon, had competed in IMSA Prototype Challenge among other series, in recent years.

A statement from IMSA read: “The IMSA family is shocked and saddened to learn of the passing of Dr. Tim George today.

“He was a long-time IMSA competitor and a friend to many in the paddock.

“At this difficult time we would like to extend our thoughts, prayers and deepest sympathies to his wife Rosalind and the rest of their family.”

Event sponsor Michelin also issued a statement: “Michelin offers its sincere condolences to the family and friends of Dr. Tim George, who passed away while following his passion.

“We are saddened by the loss of this member of the motorsports family. Our thoughts are with the ANSA Motorsports team, family and friends.”
https://sportscar365.com/imsa/george-di ... ng-encore/
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

RIP

Not an old man and a Doctor as well.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always