10 years. 10 bloody years.

Announcements of any new features or alternations to the forum will be posted here. This is the place to submit any problems you have or suggestions on how to improve the forum.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Fernando Costa wrote:10 years!!! Congratulations to all of us!!!

*why i haven't seen this post before?
And you've been here from Day 1 :happy: Thanks for sticking with us nhonho :tongue:
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Citroën C2 1.4 (2006)

Post by erwin greven »

Yep.

And almost also celebrating another year at this forum.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 20:51 pm
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

erwin greven wrote:Yep.

And almost also celebrating another year at this forum.

Sun Dec 26, 2004 20:51 pm
I thought you were here from the beginning as well, good to have you with us after all this time! I'm just trying to remember, we raced together in NR2003, did we do the same in GPL??
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

We did some hotlapping in GPL. (Crystal Palace?) Also we raced at the Birmingham Super Prix circuit in rFactor.
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Im only a newbie, joined almost 8 years ago (to be exact, Wed Jan 11, 2006 04:10 am). I think a few days before Jacob (Cheeveer).

I hate to think how many times I have actually visited the site in those years. I do remember that when I joined I had only recently got internet, and that for a number of years it was dial up.

I miss a few who were regular here, Groubite (I think that was the spelling?) is one and Seppi another, off the top of my head. Of course I also miss Warren (and his Vulva) not forgetting Strad and all his uploads. And Serge.

I know there are many more I could mention but their names escape me atm. I remember Rob (Seppi) had taken photos of just about every race car out there, and they were all catalogued.

Funny thing is Seppi and I realised through chatting here that we must have stood next to each other almost at some of the Brands events in the seventies, as I have similar angle photos to his (never as good though). He started to go a few years before me, maybe 3 or 4 (a few years older than me) but pretty much both of us went to just about every GP (and other non championship F1 races) through most of the seventies, both camped out there a lot, and both used to use the same bars and cafes around the paddock. He used to drive down from up near Newcastle, (Something like 8 hours each way IRC) so a long drive compared to me in Weybridge (Very close to Brooklands and the old Brabham factory) Brands was only a couple of hours away back then, pre M25 or whatever it is. Funny really, we never knowingly met or chatted then, and are now separated by 12000 miles, but through FL, close to 40 years later, we finally 'met' and chatted about some of the meetings we both went to back then, the people we met etc. Small world.

I remember us both admitting to using the Kodak enclosure (over the bridge and on the inside of Druids), a facility free to those using Kodak film. I always used Agfa film at the time, better quality and also an extra 3 pics per roll of film, and to get into the Kodak area I used to have to take all my Agfa films out of their box and put them into Kodak boxes lifted from the bin by their sales stand..... then show all the 'Kodak' films in my bag to the old bloke who was checking to make sure it was only used by those with Kodak..... and always got waved through. I used to think I was the only one doing that .... until Seppi admitted to me he used to do the same trick to get in there!

Anyway I digress.... just saying I have 'met' heaps of good people through FL, many of them still here and who I have come to think of as friends now, despite never having knowingly met anyone face to face. Here is the only Motor Racing forum I visit now. So cheers and thanks to all of you for making it better here than at the other forums. Special thanks to PT and Jesper for having the foresight to set it all up and hang in there for a decade. :twothumbs: Hopefully we will all still be around in another 10 years. :dunno:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Everso Biggyballies wrote: I miss a few who were regular here, Groubite (I think that was the spelling?) is one and Seppi another, off the top of my head. Of course I also miss Warren (and his Vulva) not forgetting Strad and all his uploads. And Serge.

I know there are many more I could mention but their names escape me atm. I remember Rob (Seppi) had taken photos of just about every race car out there, and they were all catalogued.

Funny thing is Seppi and I realised through chatting here that we must have stood next to each other almost at some of the Brands events in the seventies, as I have similar angle photos to his (never as good though). He started to go a few years before me, maybe 3 or 4 (a few years older than me) but pretty much both of us went to just about every GP (and other non championship F1 races) through most of the seventies, both camped out there a lot, and both used to use the same bars and cafes around the paddock. He used to drive down from up near Newcastle, (Something like 8 hours each way IRC) so a long drive compared to me in Weybridge (Very close to Brooklands and the old Brabham factory) Brands was only a couple of hours away back then, pre M25 or whatever it is. Funny really, we never knowingly met or chatted then, and are now separated by 12000 miles, but through FL, close to 40 years later, we finally 'met' and chatted about some of the meetings we both went to back then, the people we met etc. Small world.

I remember us both admitting to using the Kodak enclosure (over the bridge and on the inside of Druids), a facility free to those using Kodak film. I always used Agfa film at the time, better quality and also an extra 3 pics per roll of film, and to get into the Kodak area I used to have to take all my Agfa films out of their box and put them into Kodak boxes lifted from the bin by their sales stand..... then show all the 'Kodak' films in my bag to the old bloke who was checking to make sure it was only used by those with Kodak..... and always got waved through. I used to think I was the only one doing that .... until Seppi admitted to me he used to do the same trick to get in there!
I thought this deserves mention, referring to Seppi. I today received an email from him which made mention of his having been particularly unwell this year. Hopefully he wont be upset that I have passed this passage from his email to me, but I feel that others here who knew Seppi would like to be aware of.
Hi Chris
.....Sorry that I have not been in touch much this year but I lost most of it.
A massive heart attack requiring open heart surgery meant all of June and part of July I was in hospital, and since then it has been a slow recovery.....
I am sure those who know Seppi would join me in my sorrow on hearing his news, plus wishing him a continued swift and full recovery from his operations, with a speedy return to a normal life.

PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator

Post by PTRACER »

I wanted to reply to you Chris, please wish Rob a speedy recovery on behalf of all of us here. He is a lovely guy, he spent a decent amount of on The Fastlane considering his already notable presence on TNF. It must seem such a small world to think you were standing feet apart 40 years ago and now you're here talking like you were destined to meet.

I miss Warren and I miss strad too.

Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

PTRACER wrote:I wanted to reply to you Chris, please wish Rob a speedy recovery on behalf of all of us here. He is a lovely guy, he spent a decent amount of on The Fastlane considering his already notable presence on TNF.
I will certainly do that Paul. Im sure he had many friends here.... he was always the most likeable guy, very knowledgeable and had a fabulous collection of photos he had taken at the time. A great asset to the forum.
PT wrote:It must seem such a small world to think you were standing feet apart 40 years ago and now you're here talking like you were destined to meet.
Yeah as I said even more so now as we are living our lives at opposite ends of the world, and still met up through modern technology. Another amusing thing we discussed here was that we at the time both owned the same model camera, a cheap Russian 35mm one called a Zenit.... which we had both purchased because they would accept any lens with a Pentax thread, those being widely available and reasonably priced..... I also remember we both had an identical problem with them as well, to do with the shutter flap. The other odd coincidence is that we were both and still are die hard BRM fans, and wins were rare but JPB did so at Brands at the '72 non championship Victory race..... the year we had 5 full F1 standard line up but non championship races in England, plus the GP. :cool:
Indeed shows what a small world we live in though.

Seppi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Seppi »

PTRACER wrote:I wanted to reply to you Chris, please wish Rob a speedy recovery on behalf of all of us here. He is a lovely guy, he spent a decent amount of on The Fastlane considering his already notable presence on TNF. It must seem such a small world to think you were standing feet apart 40 years ago and now you're here talking like you were destined to meet.

I miss Warren and I miss strad too.
Thanks Paul, I have not posted much in 2013, but I keep dropping in to see what is happening.

Recovery slow from the heart attacks (quad bypass and 2 valve repairs), but I should be back to normal by March according to my surgeon.

All the best to everyone
Seppi (Rob)
Last edited by Seppi 10 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
ReneLotus
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by ReneLotus »

I wish you a speedy recovery, Seppi.
All the best for the new year as well!
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Seppi wrote: Thanks Paul, I have not posted much in 2013, but I keep dropping in to see what is happening.

Recovery slow from the heart attacks (quad bypass and 4 valve repairs), but I should be back to normal by March according to my surgeon.

All the best to everyone
Seppi (Rob)
Get well!! And take your time!
kals
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1..BTCC..MotoGP
Favourite Racing Car: Benetton B189
Favourite Circuit: Donington Park

Post by kals »

Wishing you a speedy recovery Seppi. Stay strong.
Seppi
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Seppi »

Thanks Guys :wave: