Still Up For Some More Music, I Hope.

Music old and new, musical instruments and musical theory. No copyrighted MP3s may be posted in this forum!
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Bottom post of the previous page:

MonteCristo wrote: 1 year ago

Physical no more :(.

Such sad news. And only 73, not old these days. Cancer is a bitch. She fought it for many years. Certainly over 30 years since her initial diagnosis and treatment.
Flags are flying at half mast at the Olivia Newton-John Cancer Wellness and Research Centre in Melbourne today. She passed away peacefully surrounded by family and friends.

Tributes are pouring in
@johntravolta
My dearest Olivia, you made all of our lives so much better. Your impact was incredible. I love you so much. We will see you down the road and we will all be together again. Yours from the first moment I saw you and forever!
Your Danny, your John!

A bad week for Australian female singers ....

A couple of days ago it was announced the Carnival was Over for Judith Durham from the 60's Folk Group the Seekers..... she passed away. aged 79.

RIP to both Olivia and Judith. :rip: :rip:

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Star
Special Member
Special Member
Favourite Motorsport: F1
Favourite Driver: Sebastian Vettel
Favourite Circuit: Spa

Post by Star »

It is very sad about Olivia Newton John and Judith Durham, both were great singers.

We heard about a favourite of my daughter's the other day. Darius Campbell Danesh was found dead in his apartment aged only 41. The cause of death hasn't been announced at present. He started out on one of these make you a star pop shows and he always seemed like such a nice guy. RIP Darius :rip: This was his most famous song in case you've never heard of him

Just so you know, I am a woman

2022 Guess The Pole Champion!
Antonov
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: MP4/13 ; F40
Favourite Driver: M. Hakkinen
Favourite Circuit: Some shitty street circuit
Car(s) Currently Owned: VW Golf GTI

Post by Antonov »

Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

These roads 😃
If you do enjoy motor racing, do it once.
In fact, you gotta do it once 😉

haha haha funny youtube :rofl:
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Which movie did I watch? :P

Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
erwin greven
Staff
Staff
Favourite Motorsport: Endurance Racing
Favourite Racing Car: Lancia Delta 038 S4 Group B
Favourite Driver: Ronnie Peterson
Favourite Circuit: Nuerburgring Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Peugeot 206 SW Air-Line 3 2007

Post by erwin greven »

Some great doom from Messa [ITA].

Messa @ EM
Messa @ Bandcamp
Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Racing Car: AAR Eagle T1G
Favourite Driver: Jim Clark
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps

Post by Mawerick »

I'll be going to a W.A.S.P. gig on April 14th and this band will be the warm-up act:

"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."
-Graham Hill commenting the Le Mans Bugatti track

- 2021 Guess The Pole champion! -
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mawerick »

Getting ready for tomorrow!

"It’s a Mickey Mouse circuit. To have a race at a track like this is an insult to Grand Prix racing."

Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mawerick »

Warren
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Warren »

What if?
Mawerick
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Mawerick »

Got to love Eva Cassidy. Such a shame she was lost to us at only 33 years of age.

erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

Brian Redman: "Mr. Fangio, how do you come so fast?" "More throttle, less brakes...."
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

caneparo wrote: 2 years ago As many/some of you know I’ve been part of a band called Forged in Blood. Unfortunatelly this band folded in early 2019 but our split has been never “officialized”. I have not been inactive as a guitarist exploring funk and fusion boundaries, studying improvisation
Last month I git a call from a friend asking me to join his band. It was all natural, as being a “twin” band to my former. Same classic metal stuff, same label, same vibe, maybe they enjoyed more success. I will be part of black phantom from today. We are recording an album too. I am sure I will add spice to their music. Please check em out
The new black phantom album is ready. Mastering process now but the thing is done! For the first time i recorded rythmy guitar parts, and mine were the basic tracks too. It was a nice thing a development for my guitar skills. The solos i did were all written I must say i gave all and some of them are very good. The album will be released early 2023
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
erwin greven
Staff
Staff

Post by erwin greven »

caneparo wrote: 9 months ago
caneparo wrote: 2 years ago As many/some of you know I’ve been part of a band called Forged in Blood. Unfortunatelly this band folded in early 2019 but our split has been never “officialized”. I have not been inactive as a guitarist exploring funk and fusion boundaries, studying improvisation
Last month I git a call from a friend asking me to join his band. It was all natural, as being a “twin” band to my former. Same classic metal stuff, same label, same vibe, maybe they enjoyed more success. I will be part of black phantom from today. We are recording an album too. I am sure I will add spice to their music. Please check em out
The new black phantom album is ready. Mastering process now but the thing is done! For the first time i recorded rythmy guitar parts, and mine were the basic tracks too. It was a nice thing a development for my guitar skills. The solos i did were all written I must say i gave all and some of them are very good. The album will be released early 2023
Let me know when the album is ready. I can order it then. Plus i can promote tracks on my Radio Station again.
caneparo
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Racing Car: Ferrari
Favourite Circuit: Monza
Car(s) Currently Owned: Fiat 500X

Post by caneparo »

erwin greven wrote: 9 months ago
caneparo wrote: 9 months ago
Let me know when the album is ready. I can order it then. Plus i can promote tracks on my Radio Station again.
Definitely! The album is set for release in march 2024 under punishment 18 label like the previous 2 and my former band as well. Two songs have been released as well but they did not feature my guitar parts which have been added later. Vocals have been re recorded as well
I am from Italy, a country known for its history, cars, food, wine, and horny men
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Forged-In ... 565?ref=ts
Andy
Supreme Member
Supreme Member
Favourite Motorsport: 2 & 3 Wheeling
Favourite Racing Car: Bike ;) - Yamaha YZR 500
Favourite Driver: Justin 'Weeman' Collins
Favourite Circuit: Isle of Man - Mountain Course
Car(s) Currently Owned: M'cycle ;) - Yamaha FZS 600

Post by Andy »

Starling wrote: 1 year ago
Starling wrote: 1 year ago Before you ban me as a N@zi...
I sort of feel like I have to explain myself, in these days when getting banned for mentioning controversial stuff is a thing. Last year I watched the movie "Battle of the Bulge". It contains the most famous rendition of "Panzerlied":

But it sounds like a N@zi song only if one watches it out of context. In fact, watching the movie, it's clear that the singers are doomed German kids who know no better, and their commander is a nutcase who cares nothing for the Reich, he's only obsessed for his Panzers to come out on top.

Bonus points: the German commander is played by the very British Robert Shaw. Only recently I've realized he played a million other roles, and especially the ICONIC role of the rugged shark-hunter Quint in the original "Jaws" by Spielberg. When I realized the Jaws hero of my youth had starred in a lot of my fave war movies - on both sides (i.e. Battle of Britain) - mind=blown.

Incidentally in that Panzerlied scene appears another awesome actor, Hans Christian Blech, who plays Pluskat, the bewildered German officer in the bunker of "The Longest Day", in the scene when the Allied invasion force arrives in Normandy, and he screams: "Sie kommen!" Back then, lots of actors had actualy been in WWII, and Blech had been in the Wehrmacht as a young man.

From my movie-lover self: can we open a movie thread? :thumbsup:

EDIT it exists already http://www.the-fastlane.co.uk/forums/vi ... =12&t=9903
When I have been forced to serve back in 2000 this was our battalions hymn :thumbsup:

battle tank batallion 334 Celle 🤘
"Those who risk nothing, do nothing, achieve nothing, become nothing" - David Jefferies