Noose found in Bubba Wallace's garage

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
Cheeveer
Favourite Racing Car: Panoz GTR1
Favourite Driver: Alex Zanardi
Favourite Circuit: Bathurst

Post by Cheeveer »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Nevertheless, there were white supremacists symbols following the circus around the track, above the track, so everyone was on their feet. And when a noose was found in the garage of the one African-American driver, of course you had to investigate it.

What followed was a clear message: racism is not welcome here, in any way shape or form.

How is that a bad thing, I wonder.
***Some say you should live each day like it was your last... but who wants to live each day in wild panic and extreme death anxiety?

The universe, look at the hugeness of it... it is a dizzying thought that little ol' me is the centre of it all!***
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

In immediate response to the racism question, because it wasn't racist, it was a door handle.

-------

My original post:
OK, so Bubba obviously didn't plant it himself, that is clear now and I apologise to Bubba for suspecting it (not that he will care) but then neither did anybody else plant it, I'm guessing Bubba is not the sharpest knife in the draw....

Bubba also did nothing to stop the outrage train, or try to quell it, he jumped right on and rode that train right into victimsville station without a second thought, and I haven't seen it, but according to friends stateside, is now doubling down by continuing to go on TV to play the victim at the outrage of a noose being used as a door shutter, he does realise it wasn't just black people that were strung up right?

You know, when a person does wrong, or accuses someone of something they didn't do, a normal person apologies for their wrongdoing, I won't hold my breath waiting for Bubba and NASCAR to apologise for what they've insinuated....

Oh well, it will be fun watching a certain group in society try to justify why this isn't wrong either and "but but racism is everywhere", and how he's still a victim etc. Etc. You know, we have due process and investigations for a reason, some while back, people (of all colours and sexes) were strung up based on word alone (or burnt at the stake), there was no evidence or due process done and believe it or not, we've moved on from those times, which given the "victim" here, is somewhat ironic. The batshit insane bit of this is, that if it was Bubba on the end of an accusation, say for rape,, the very same people that are now screaming for reform and demanding justice in his name and in NASCARS's case, throwing 95% of their fanbase under the bus as bigots and labelling anybody else who dare question the original story as far right racists, would be the same people calling for calm and for people not to rush to judgement and wait for the investigation to be finished first....

Well done NASCAR and Bubba, another case for future generations to study on "how not to fuck things up".
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
PTRACER
Forum Administrator
Forum Administrator
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Lotus 49
Favourite Driver: Gilles Villeneuve, James Hunt
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife
Car(s) Currently Owned: Mitsubishi Lancer Evo X JDM

Post by PTRACER »

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago The person must have a REALLY small neck. He’s also just dug himself a hole saying on CNN (Yeah he went on the Fake News channel that’s not a surprise :roll: ) “I had never seen what I had saw before”, yet the other day he claimed he never saw it. Alot of people seem to of turned against him now, and I don’t blame them.

FYI the below image is from 2017, on a different garage stall.

:haha: :haha:

Well, at least the issue is resolved now and turned out to be something innocent.
Developer of the 1967v3 Historic Mod for Grand Prix Legends: viewtopic.php?t=17429

King of the Race Track, Destroyer of Tyres, Breaker of Lap Records
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Not for all the people accused of being racist biggots though, typical reaction though, let's all laugh it off, no harm no foul.

For those that don't know a similar type of outrage is going on here in the UK at the moment, at a football match on Sunday somebody flew a plane over the stadium trailing a banner that said "white lives matter burnley" on it, the outrage has been kind of hysterical level, to the point where they guy has had a genuine Osman warning from the Police (if you don't know what that is, fucking google it, I'm not explaining it). Over a banner ffs, that only has one word different from another slogan the world seems obsessed with atm. What a mad world we're living in at the moment.
I am very sorry if you find my posts long and boring, I like to type and often go off on a tangent.
If this is the case, you may click here to solve the problem, or alternatively here too.
John
Ultimate Member
Ultimate Member

Post by John »

Oh for fucks sake, the morons. The goddamn morons.
2018 GTP Accuracy champion.

CEREAL IS A SOUP.
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

Ian-S wrote: 3 years ago Not for all the people accused of being racist biggots though, typical reaction though, let's all laugh it off, no harm no foul.

For those that don't know a similar type of outrage is going on here in the UK at the moment, at a football match on Sunday somebody flew a plane over the stadium trailing a banner that said "white lives matter burnley" on it, the outrage has been kind of hysterical level, to the point where they guy has had a genuine Osman warning from the Police (if you don't know what that is, fucking google it, I'm not explaining it). Over a banner ffs, that only has one word different from another slogan the world seems obsessed with atm. What a mad world we're living in at the moment.
At an Australian black lives matter rally a couple of weeks ago some person held up an "all lives matter" banner. The crowd went fucking mental at him, cops got called in.

It's one thing to promote one race/gender/sexuality/cause over another... But to promote true equality - at a rally that's actually about equality - and to get abused for it is quite something.

What a mad world we're living in at the moment sums it up pretty damn well.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

PTRACER wrote: 3 years ago
acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago The person must have a REALLY small neck. He’s also just dug himself a hole saying on CNN (Yeah he went on the Fake News channel that’s not a surprise :roll: ) “I had never seen what I had saw before”, yet the other day he claimed he never saw it. Alot of people seem to of turned against him now, and I don’t blame them.

FYI the below image is from 2017, on a different garage stall.

:haha: :haha:

Well, at least the issue is resolved now and turned out to be something innocent.
Innocent? It looks like they're hanging midgets!
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
SBan83

Post by SBan83 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
XcraigX
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34
Favourite Driver: Mario Andretti
Favourite Circuit: Spa-Francorchamps
Car(s) Currently Owned: 2014 BMW 328d

Post by XcraigX »

Ian-S wrote: 3 years ago In immediate response to the racism question, because it wasn't racist, it was a door handle.

-------

You know, when a person does wrong, or accuses someone of something they didn't do, a normal person apologies for their wrongdoing, I won't hold my breath waiting for Bubba and NASCAR to apologise for what they've insinuated....
So Bubba should apologize to who? By your logic above he should apologize to the door handle, right? Or maybe the racists? But since the racists don't exist (according to you), who else should he apologize to?
Bubba Wallace wrote:"Dear racists, I'm sorry that I accused you of not containing your racism this week. Please continue being racist in your own special way. As a sign of good faith, you can fly your confederate flags at the next race. I hope this make us even.
Love
Bubba."
I'm pretty sure he didn't accuse any person of putting it there or even call out a specific group (not the fans, not the workers, not his team). There was a very public investigation that should have been handled a bit different, but there was no one thrown under the bus here. Instead they have egg on their faces for making a big deal about something stupid. So what would that apology possibly look like?

I think if someone felt they were being accused they should look at their own actions and attitudes and try to change how they are coming across. If other people are getting the impression that a person is racist and possibly capable of doing something like this, then maybe it's time for that person to change the way they are interacting with others. (Because that person is pretty likely a racist or a racist sympathizer, but not willing to admit it.)

And just an FYI, yes everyone was hanged with a noose in the history of hanging. But people have not been hanged on a regular basis in over 100 years (at least in the US) and the KKK have been using it as a calling card since then. They would leave nooses as a threat to black people on a fairly regular basis when a burning cross wasn't handy to leave. (Maybe a quick google on lynching in the southern US would be helpful.) So when you find a noose in Alabama, it's usually not a coincidence. That's not something you find on a regular basis anymore whether it's on the end of a door rope or not.

So NASCAR created a huge theatrical issue over something someone did years ago and used Bubba Wallace as a willing pawn to try and make up for it's racist past. I think we all see this was a failed image makeover attempt. But I'm not sure that a particular appology is due.
:trophy: 2019 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2021 GTP Accuracy Champion :trophy:
:trophy: 2022 Picks and Predictions Champion :trophy:
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

He “reportedly” called people who said it was fake/was planted in the past something, can’t find the tweet though he’s probably deleted it. The issue I have is that his story keeps changing, first he “never saw it” then on CNN he says “I saw it and that was a straight up noose”.

Anyway he just tweeted this.
He’s also gained over 125,000 twitter followers since the “noose” was found.
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

To take integrity away implies you had it in the first place... If he had any integrity he'd stop tweeting/talking/mouthing off.

Anybody who questioned the official story was thrown under the bus, either by Bubba, his PR team, NASCAR, or his official apologists on the Internet, just look at the reaction we got here when a couple of us questioned it.

It is interesting though, not to look at those who ran to coddle him, but those that didn't. So yeah, maybe not an apology, but maybe an acceptance that he and NASCAR got it wrong, the implication was the noose was put there as revenge for him getting the flag banned, even if it wasnt outright stated, it was implied, so maybe an acknowledgement of their own shortcomings would go a long way to patching things up cos you know, insulting 95% of your fanbase and then not acknowledging you might have got it wrong when it's proven you were, isn't going to help your long term prospects.... Just ask Gillette how it worked out for them, or to an extent "we don't need a title sponsor" McLaren....

It's clear from the above tweet that will never happen though.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

Unfortunately the one found on the grounds of Sonoma Raceway seems to be legit though...
yes, I am the NASCAR flip list guy...
Ian-S
Legendary Member
Legendary Member

Post by Ian-S »

Microsprinter18 wrote: 3 years ago Unfortunately the one found on the grounds of Sonoma Raceway seems to be legit though...
Legit in what way though? a noose? I don't think anybody has actually questioned whether the noose found at Dega was genuine or not, what a lot of people questioned was the implications that were around it, i.e. it was placed wherever as a threat to Bubba personally, rather than being attached to a door to make it easier to close it, and the hysterics "racism is everywhere" charade that followed.

Was the noose found "on the grounds" of Sonoma Raceway hanging from a garage door as well? There's a knot used in sailing that looks similar to a noose, should we ban them too just in case someone gets offended by it?
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

It was found on a tree inside the track.
White six
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by White six »

acerogers58 wrote: 3 years ago It was found on a tree inside the track.
Report from the FBI comes after that tweet?
The board equivalent of the Jody scheckter chicane. Fast but pointless
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

White six wrote: 3 years ago Report from the FBI comes after that tweet?
Haven’t heard much more about it since, investigation likely being done quietly the way it should. Just says there is an investigation ongoing. https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/n ... 243197001/

What is puzzling though is according to that article it was found on Saturday, which is a day before the Talladega incident surfaced