2024 NASCAR Discussion

All NASCAR Cup and general stock car discussion, including the Xfinity, ARCA and any feeder series.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Bottom post of the previous page:

Wonder if the current issues with Brodie Kostecki and Erebus Motorsports will impact his scheduled starts this year. Erebus are aligned with Richard Childress Racing, with Childress attending last years season ending Adelaide 500.
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

acerogers58 wrote: 2 months ago Wonder if the current issues with Brodie Kostecki and Erebus Motorsports will impact his scheduled starts this year. Erebus are aligned with Richard Childress Racing, with Childress attending last years season ending Adelaide 500.
I commented with the very same thought in the V8 thread a couple of days ago. The Aussie entrepreneur who funded Brodies NASCAR drip last year, Peter Adderton is the Boost Mobile owner. ....US-based MobileX who paid for the stickers on Brodies NASCAR rides in 2023 is also owned by Adderton.

When all this Brodie quitting Erebus business started Adderton was very quick to confirm it was NOT anything to do with him trying to get Brodie out of his Supercars committment with Erebus and run Brodie full time in NASCAR this year. Brodies split with Erebus was nothing to do. with Brodie wanting to fastrack a switch to the US like SVG did.
Adderton said this. about that rumour
..... However Adderton has taken to social media to cool rumours that he is part of a play to get Kostecki Stateside on a permanent basis this year.

“There are many rumours out there that the reason behind Brodie not driving for Erebus is due to an offer made by me to drive in NASCAR with our MobileX brand and him wanting out of his contract,” wrote Adderton.

“This is nothing more than a rumour made up by some self-interested group trying to deflect the real issues. For the record we have no deal and have never asked Brodie to break any contract nor has Brodie asked us to.

“First, the notion that we want him in the US flies in the face of reality. Brodie is a Boost Mobile-supported ambassador. He is paid and contracted by Boost Australia.

“Of course, we want to see him race in Australia, and any other suggestion is made up and is trying to distract people from focusing on the core issue.

“Would we like to see an Australian driver in NASCAR? Yes. Would we like to support other Australian drivers going overseas to show the world what Australian drivers are all about? Yes. In fact, we all should want that, but we discussed a few races in NASCAR for Brodie in 2024, and was this was not going to conflict with Supercar races.”
My feeling is that regardless of the Erebus link to Childress, this year's planned dabble will still happen. Childress himself was very impressed with Brodie and spent time with him. I dont believe any of the funding was coming from Erebus, just more that they were happy for Brodie to do a few races as long as it did not impact his Supercars racing.

Im sure that Childress will still provide a car to Brodie given that Boost // Mobile X is paying the bills. The link between Childress and Erebus might have spawned last years US races, but now Childress and Brodie have their own direct link and contact. I dont believe the Childress Erebus link will be a condition of or impediment to Brodie running races in the US.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, Indycar

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Frankie Muniz will run a part-time Xfinity schedule for Joey Gase, starting next week at Daytona.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/ne ... /10574299/
MonteCristo
Favourite Motorsport: Openwheel
Favourite Racing Car: Tyrrell P34/Protos
Favourite Driver: JV
Favourite Circuit: Road America

Post by MonteCristo »

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 2 months ago Frankie Muniz will run a part-time Xfinity schedule for Joey Gase, starting next week at Daytona.

https://www.motorsport.com/nascar-xs/ne ... /10574299/
Malcom in the Tailend.
Oscar Piastri in F1! Catch the fever! Vettel Hate Club. Life membership.

2012 GTP Non-Championship Champion | 2012 Guess the Kai-Star Half Marathon Time Champion | 2018 GTP Champion | 2019 GTP Champion
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by Microsprinter18 »

It's entry list day!

Trucks 40 for 36 spots
Xfinity 44 for 38 spots
Cup 42 for 40 spots

50... count em... 50 for ARCA.
Last edited by Microsprinter18 2 months ago, edited 1 time in total.
yes, I am the NASCAR flip list guy...
Everso Biggyballies
Legendary Member
Legendary Member
Favourite Motorsport: Anything that goes left and right.
Favourite Racing Car: Too Many to mention
Favourite Driver: Kimi,Niki,Jim(none called Michael)
Favourite Circuit: Nordschleife, Spa, Mt Panorama.
Car(s) Currently Owned: Audi SQ5 3.0L V6 TwinTurbo
Location: Just moved 3 klms further away so now 11 klms from Albert Park, Melbourne.

Post by Everso Biggyballies »

Aussie sponsor Quad Lock for SVG NASCAR

Trackhouse Racing has revealed a new, Australian sponsor for Shane van Gisbergen’s 2024 NASCAR Xfinity Series season.
Melbourne-based Quad Lock, an existing personal sponsor of the three-time Supercars champion, will make its first appearance as the major backer of the #97 Chevrolet Camaro in the Portland race on June 1.

The outdoor lifestyle brand, which sells its innovative and market-leading phone mounting products in more than 100 countries around the world including America, will also serve as an associate sponsor throughout the season.

Quad Lock was also onboard the #91 Chevrolet Camaro when SVG won his very first NASCAR race, in the Cup Series on the Chicago Street Circuit in July 2023.

* I started life with nothing, and still have most of it left

“Good drivers have dead flies on the side windows!” (Walter Röhrl)

* I married Miss Right. Just didn't know her first name was Always
Vassago
Favourite Motorsport: Formula 1, IndyCar
Favourite Driver: Senna, Clark, Montoya
Favourite Circuit: Circuit Gilles Villeneuve

Post by Vassago »

Xfinity #97 is still TBA because van Gisbergen needs approval for SS and that won't come before his ARCA session.
07.04.1968 - Flower of Scotland when will we see your like again?
01.05.1994 - We'll never forget...
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

BTW, NY Racing Team on the Cup entry list is not a mistake. Despite not running since 2022 and being completely silent on social media since then, they have a gaudily-wrapped hauler heading to Daytona, with Greg Biffle's name on the car.... ....Nobody told this to Biffle, however, who never got paid by the team for his races in '22. So they'll have to find another driver fast.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

DaleJuniorFan wrote: 2 months ago ....Nobody told this to Biffle, however, who never got paid by the team for his races in '22. So they'll have to find another driver fast.
Word on the street is they've been talking to Johnny Sauter, and this seems to confirm it.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Well...congrats to "truck series champion" JJ Yeley I guess?
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Saturday and Sunday are looking like a near total washout.
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Anthony Alfredo and David Ragan have LOCKED INTO THE 500!
Microsprinter18
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Joey Logano and Michael McDowell will make up the (very yellow) front row for the Daytona 500.
acerogers58
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by acerogers58 »

Part time Truck series driver Chris Hacker will be on the sidelines for some time after being involved in a serious car accident on his way to Daytona, he was not entered to race this weekend but likely would of in the coming weeks.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Tyler Reddick wins Duel 1. Jimmie Johnson makes it into the 500 by the skin of his teeth, passing J.J. Yeley in the last turn of the last lap.
DaleJuniorFan
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Post by DaleJuniorFan »

Christopher Bell wins Duel 2. Kaz Grala nips B.J McLeod for the last spot in the 500.